We had an interview with Mr. K who has the research of polymers for material development, and asked him about what made him purchase the Smart Evaporator as well as his impressions.
(Mr.K working on the Organic Synthesis Chemistry in one material manufacturer)
How do you develop the new materials?
We can never instantly develop the new material. We analyze the existing materials, and investigate what is luck in those. For example if it’s preferred to have more resistance, then we focus on developing that function to create the new material.
I see. So do you use the Smart Evaporator in your material research process?
Yes, I generally handle polymers and for synthesis I use the Smart Evaporator as a “small-sized Rotary Evaporator”.
Do you properly use both of “small-sized Rotary Evaporator” and Rotary Evaporator?
Yes, I use Rotary Evaporator for 1L sample. For small volume like 5ml, I transfer the sample to the vial, then dry up. I usually store samples in the vials of choice like 50ml, 30ml, 20ml or even 5ml, so it’s been useful.
I’m appreciated for your compliments. When you first tried the demo unit, what was your main focus to evaluate the Smart Evaporator?
Whether it can avoid the water contamination to samples during evaporation. Also this laboratory basically works under the nitrogen environment, so I had to confirm the ability of gas purging. I had a good impression that it can be installed at anywhere due to its small footprint.
So is the biggest factor of purchase the capability of evaporation under the nitrogen environment?
Right. Plus it’s far simple to use and also the quality of evaporation. Under the nitrogen environment I can surely evaporate without water contamination. The evaporation result also passes our criteria which is “not bump in vacuum oven”. I also like the color selections for main body.
Is there any particular reason you’ve selected Grass (green)?
I just like the color, Grass(green). The color was only 5% among all the factors why I’ve purchased. The rest of 95% came from the fine functions and features I’ve mentioned so far. So far I’m fully satisfied with your device.
I’m glad you’ve been satisfied 100% when purchasing whereas its operability and the evaporation quality also reach to your requirement.
You now have the 10-position evaporator, right? (the Smart Evaporator C10) Beside the Organic Synthesis department, those working on chromatography or NMR in Analysis department may like the multiple-positions evaporator. I guess those using 2cc vials for gas chromatography or HPLC may have interests.（2cc vial as reference)
Thanks for your further interest in our new evaporator C10.
I would certainly ask to the other analysis departments, and am appreciated for your kindness.
It was a lot burden for Mr. K to handle sample evaporation with Rotary Evaporator in conjunction with Nitrogen Blow Evaporator.
He found the Smart Evaporator much effective and useful that he does not need to keep his eyes while in operation as well as the capability of evaporation under nitrogen environment.
He said “I had to keep watching the evaporation, but now I just leave it with ease which greatly advances the working efficiency.” The Smart Evaporator is in principal free from bumping issue, and does not require transferring sample from containers. So he may now realize the inconvenience that he had to stay with evaporators and also the comfort to do the other research work during evaporation.
I would be pleased to introduce the Smart Evaporator for those who have the similar issues.
(Interviewer: Tsuyoshi Kikuchi)